The ALMA feeder can be purchased with the perforated treadle (the hole diameter is smaller than the previous versions) or with the ashlar one. The ALMA BASICA feeder is a simpler and cheaper model, available only with the smooth pedal.
Treadle feeder advantages:
- Mice, rats and birds will never gain access and thus cannot contaminate the food. Therefore they protect the poultry from dangerous diseases.
- Diamond-shaped lid avoids stagnant water.
- Stable and easy to clean.
- 3 treadles to easily remove dirt and to provide the bird with a steady and comfortable support.
- Hook to adjust the weight necessary to open the tilt door: from 0,25 to 2kg (mouse proof system)
- Anti-waste grid made of nylon to prevent the birds from scooping out the feed
Use a rock to keep the treadle open and to teach the animals where the food is.